Scripts can be attached to any of the WordPress Actions or Filters, whether made by WordPress core or by a plugin. Therefore, you can create scripts that change basic behaviors of WordPress or extend WordPress. This gives you total power and control over your WordPress site. We have tutorials showing step-by-step process to make a tutorial post type, a HTML5 FAQs post type and page, and even more to come in the future. Your imagination and programming skills are your only limit to what can be done with WordPress with Script Manager.
We are planning more power and flexibility to come in the future (adding more computer language integration, connection to menus, etc). This plugin is not aimed at beginners, but can be used to teach WordPress functionality. Only the administrator user can use this plugin’s functionality.
- Inserting scripts into pages/posts using a shortcode.
- Run your scripts as a widget.
- Shortcodes have insert-able buttons for the visual or HTML editor.
- Code highlighting insert-able into any page/post by either enclosing in a shortcode or inserting from the code database with a shortcode. Code highlighting can be added by buttons in the visual or HTML editor as well.
- You can change the code highlighting colors to match your web site or likes.
- All code is stored in a database. Never worry about accidentally deleting special code with updates. Also, you will never have to worry again about the visual editor removing code (ie: iframes).
- Multiple language support:
- HTML (mixed mode also supported)
- WordPress PHP - PHP code that is a part of WordPress
- Also, future plans to support non-WordPress PHP, Pearl, Tcl, Ruby, Node.js, etc
- Able to add code to any WordPress Actions or Filters.
- Add Actions or Filters as needed and that other plugins create.
- Enough flexibility to create a full plugin with this plugin.
- Can be used to combine multiple plugins into one. This decreases load times.
- Complete contextual help files for the plugin.
- Tested on WordPress 2.8 through 3.5
You can download the plugin from my GitHub repository. If you have ideas on expanding it, fork it and give me a pull request! This is now a community resource that I am hoping others will pitch in and help. As far as I know, it is currently running on 7 different sites. If you know of a site with it, please let me know.